Wednesday, May 11, 2011

One thing at a time

I believe I have discovered another after-effect of extended travel. I am only capable of accomplishing one thing per day. Maybe that's not the right way to put it. What I mean is I feel accomplished after doing one thing in a day. Today I called my credit card company and got them to reverse a $20 late fee. The best part is that I was able to do this through their automated system. Never mind that I also wanted to speak to a representative to address the fact that I never received the actual card in the mail and could therefor not set up an automated online payment. I will save that problem for another day! Tomorrow maybe. As soon as I got that confirmation number I was ready for ice cream and beer. I also need to do some laundry so it looks like I will be tied up for a few days as one load counts as a thing to accomplish. This system works great as long as I don't set my goals too high. If I put "Learn Spanish" on my to-do list, I will be enormously disappointed in myself. "Learn Dictionary.com's word of the day" is more reasonable.

Irenic: (adjective) promoting peace.

Done.

1 comment:

S K said...

Ice cream and beer are actually TWO things so in addition to your credit card triumph, you accomplished two other things. Three major feats in a day! Bring on extended travel.