Thursday, February 5, 2009

Bits of the 'Quin

Tippet

Darby

A few days ago, I got thumped in the chin by Lyla's skull. Lyla is a gorgeous, sweet, lovable husky. The right side of my lip and my front right tooth had an unfortunate meeting and puffiness ensued. Yesterday, Darby must have decided I looked ridiculous and she gave me a skull thump on the left side of my lip. Now I look gorgeous.

My sister and I went post-holing last week in the snow across the lake. We lost Darby for bit, as she has a deeper love for chasing birds than she has for pleasing her people. Tami thought she was a goner for sure, much like she was convinced my cat had been devoured by an owl when he was hiding in the cupboards for the first 36 hours of his stay in Chiloquin. Darby returned to our feet when she was good and ready, doggy smile plastered to her face. Driving back home, we sang Jimmy Buffett tunes and I remembered that the reason I started playing guitar was to sing "Cheeseburger in Paradise" around the campfire in the Fikstad family tradition.

My first week here, I heard a song Brent had playing on the computer. About whiskey. 4 drinks and 200 songs later, I still haven't figured out which song it was, but Brent and I were up 'till 2am last night, making a good go of it, while increasing our music libraries tenfold. This guy should write a song about whiskey.

No comments: